Sunday, October 4, 2009

BP3_2009101_RSSfeeds

I love reading articles about new ideas in music education and technology in education. So not only is the Google Reader ideal, it may err on the side of dangerous for me. I’ve already subscribed to six feeds, and I sense more are calling me…:

1. Education Week: Technology

This journal often has fascinating articles about incorporating technology into the classroom. Education Week is a respected publication and it will help keep me up to date on how technology affects learning.

2. Elementary Music/Music Technology Blog (Amy M Burns)

This blog is written and maintained by Amy M. Burns, who is always at the forefront of music education technology. I often check her site for new ideas of software to use, and now it will come to me instead! Woo hoo!

3. International Journal of Music Education

I wanted to include a feed of a more traditional music education journal. I am always interested to read about studies happening around the world.

4. MENC General Music

MENC is one of the leading music education journals in the country. I was happy to find that I could subscribe directly to the area of music ed that applies to my teaching.

5. Music, Technology and Education: Mustech.net

This is another music education/technology site that I would visit from time to time to learn about new programs and ideas. It is maintained by Dr. Joseph Pisano, professor at Grove City Community College (PA).

6. Teaching Hacks.com

This site offers the latest in incorporating Web 2.0 into the classroom and its effectiveness with student learning. This site is new to me and I am hoping that it will bring new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment